cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working after switch over to fibre

upenpatel
Joining in

As instructed by VM, I have switched over to Fibre Phone as the traditional landlines are to be closed. Since the switch over 12th Jan I have not had landline connection! I have spoken to someone by telephone at VM support centre who has just told me to wait as it the UK government preventing/delaying the switchover?!?. I have rebooted and reset my hub but this has not resolved the issue either. When I login to my Hub 3.0 it says "Telephony (disabled)". Looking at the previous messages on here it looks like Telephony needs to be enabled remotely. Please could someone do this. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Does the phone still work in its old socket? If the phone is still working in the old socket you have not been switched over. At present all switch overs are on hold due to government orders to all telecoms providers. If not you have not been switched over and it does not work in your old socket then VM need to send an updated configuration to the hub. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi upenpatel, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear your landline service isn't working. As it stands the switchover is on hold so these haven't been completed. We did send a notification to those affected by this and I can only apologise if this was missed or not received. 

Please plug your landline back in to the wall socket and service should resume for you. 

Please let us know if you have any further issues though. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have plugged the phone back into the normal wall plug socket but when I do I am not getting a dial tone. I have been paying the monthly fee for landline however since 12th Jan I have not had use of this service - nearly two months now - it’s ridiculous!

I'm so sorry to hear that the phone is not working at the wall connection either @upenpatel and thank you for popping back to us. 

I would like to take a closer look into this with you via private message so we can see what has happened. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Hello again @upenpatel 
Thanks so much for your private message and confirming your address, I have now booked you a visit for landline – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.
There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account. 
Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the My VM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.
If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment