cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

landline

Lollyloz
Joining in

Every time we have hot weather I lose my landline, this is just not good enough. I have no dialling tone, and as a vulnerable customer isolated and totally homebound for 13 years i need the security of my landline. You cant even contact VM if you haven't got landline, as online contact selections don't work, don't cover the issue to report it. Plus they think everyone has a mobile, when they clearly do not, and while I have it is PAYG so it costs me to make calls. I had to use my PAYG today to call my care support, which is costing me while my VM landline is down again. Nothing changes. Every summer i go through this, no one comes out, no one finds the cause as to why my landline goes off when the weather is very hot. Every time I am left venerable and also it costs me having to use my PAYG mobile to ring people.

Tell me VM why is this happening and what are you going to do, how are you going to investigate the cause of the effect of hot weather on my landline and often internet as well, and what are you going to do about it? I need help now, but more important I need someone to find the CAUSE because it happens every summer, so the cause needs to be found and sorted.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lollyloz

We're really sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced and inconvenience caused, we can understand you raising this via the forums.

From checking the account we can see there is currently an area issues impacting services, the estimated fix date for this is the 26 June 2024 at 3pm.

Our engineers are working hard to fully resolve this as quickly as possible, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Lollyloz

We're really sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced and inconvenience caused, we can understand you raising this via the forums.

From checking the account we can see there is currently an area issues impacting services, the estimated fix date for this is the 26 June 2024 at 3pm.

Our engineers are working hard to fully resolve this as quickly as possible, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob