cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flashing red phone icon

peterr3
Joining in

The red phone icon on the hub has suddenly started flashing. I get a dialing tone but when i dial the number i get a constant tone. I've tried unplugging/ switching off and on. The hub nor phone has been touched or moved

15 REPLIES 15

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey peterr3, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Have you tried to see if you can call out or be called?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

nigelss
Up to speed

Same problem. I have a CM2 postcode. Working fine last night. I get a dialtone but cannot make or receive calls. Flashing red phone light on hub. Have tried powering the hub off and on. No change. Not sure how I am supposed to report a fault. Service status says nothing wrong with the telephone service. There used to be a self-test option but that seems to have gone. I need my landline!

Peterr3 told you in his post that he cannot dial out! - "when I dial the number I get a constant tone."

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

We are aware of an landline issue and the team are looking into this fixing this as fast as possible

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

So why does your on-line service status page say as of 11:34am that there are no known phone issues in my postcode, but when I call the faults line on 0800 561 0061 and confirm my account details a recorded message tells me that there IS a landline fault in my area, that the fault has been located, and that the estimated time for the fix is 1:10pm today? Seems to me that the on-line service status page is useless!

We are aware of an issue this has been reported and it is being looked into.

Not all faults do go on the service status. 

We are looking to fix this as fast as possible. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Really sorry if this seems off-topic, but what on earth is the point of having a service status page if "Not all faults do go on the service status"? Which faults do not go on?

When your service status page says "There are no known phone issues in CM2 xxx" it is pretty explicit, but you DO KNOW about the phone issue and the service status page STILL says no known phone issues. Explain please!

All we know this has been reported and it is being worked on in the meanwhile you may be without landline services which we are are sorry for.

This is the only news we currently have on the matter 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

AIUI from past topics on here, faults which make their way onto the service status page tend to be the ones affecting very large numbers of users. More localised issues appear on the service status phone number. Not a very satisfactory, informative or useful arrangement but I think it has been that way for quite a long time.