cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi phone

Jane1012
Joining in

I no longer have a landline (it's not part of my package), but should I now have a WiFi phone? 

I asked VM for an adaptor, but never received one!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the update. 

If you don't have a landline as part of your package, then you do not require an adaptor. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jane1012,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry just to clarify, is there an active landline on your account?

Does it show on any recent bills?

Let us know,

Kain

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you’re not paying for a phone service, you can’t have one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thank you. We have no phone at all. It's not on our bill/package. 

I guess we don't qualify for a WiFi one, according to what Ernie_C has said. I wasn't sure though.

Thanks Kain_W

Thanks for the update. 

If you don't have a landline as part of your package, then you do not require an adaptor. 

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There may be some confusion here, but I expect all the answers are correct. There is always a lot of confusion of people referring to their broadband connection as WiFi, it’s a lot more than just WiFi. 

When you say WiFi phone it actually only means one thing. That is if you have an O2 mobile phone it can use your VM broadband connection via WiFi if the O2 signal is very bad or non existent. 

What people have answered is if you have a landline phone which is directly wired these are being changed to use your VM hub instead of the existing hardwire connection. This requires an adapter, but as you have no landline you do not need one of these.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2