cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Phone Switchover

BillD
On our wavelength

Has the Virgin phone switchover taken place in Woking Surrey?. I currently have no landline, the phone is totally dead, can't make outgoing calls or recieve them plus no dial tone. As of yet, i've not received either a letter or an e-mail confirming this so can somebody confirm if my copper wire connection for the phone has been turned off already and I need an adapter connected to my Hub 3 for the phone to actually work?. I've only just discovered this, both my phone line and phone were working fine just over a week ago, now nothing!

6 REPLIES 6

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey BillD, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

The migration has actually been paused but you shouldn't be having any issues like this.

Let me send you a DM and we can look into this. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

BillD
On our wavelength

Thank you Matthew for the quick response.

As of yet, I still haven't received your DM to be able to sort this issue out. However, I can tell you that, i've checked all the phone connections, unplugged them and plugged them back in again, still not working. Also I know for sure that there is nothing wrong with the phone itself. If the migration has been paused then surely I should still have a working phone line until the changeover takes place in my area. It's damn annoying when I knew full well that the phone service was working fine until lately when obviously something has happened and I haven't even used or touched my landline for it to happen.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi BillD 👋

Thanks for coming back to us on this. I can see the private message that Matthew has sent, and you should find this in the top-right white envelope, or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages". Please let us know if you cannot see it there.

For background, whilst the migration drops the line on the old copper cabled network, this does not mean that this has been the case. The older cabling is not faultless, and if a fault does arise, it can cause things such as a loss of dial tone, crackled line, etc.

Faults can happen for various different reasons, and isn't always down to something we can control. 

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

BillD
On our wavelength

Hi Reece and thanks for your reply.

I can't see the top right white envelope nor will it allow me to select ' Messages ' from tapping my profile picture, nothing happens. I'm using a PC and not a mobile phone.

If what you're saying is correct, Virgin still supply the phone service through the copper cabled network, so if a fault has occurred on the line somewhere, surely there must be a way for you to check to see if the line is working properly from your end?.

BillD
On our wavelength

Sorry Reece, i've just found the white envelope, duh, my bad!!

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get this sorted out for you 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?