cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP Adapter

andy_48
Tuning in

My VM landline has developed some interference at my home end (not audible to callers) which I have established is not hardware related (by pliugging in a diferent phone).

Rather than spend time and/or money trying to fix it, it seems sensible to switch to VOIP, which I will have to do anyway before long. 

How do I get this process started with VM? I can't find any links anywhere, even to order the adapter to plug into my VM Hub.

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @andy_48, thank you for your post.

For now, the new Fibre phone line is only offered to new home phone customers and selected existing home phone customers. We’re working hard so all customers will be able to get the new service and we aim to swap all our customers over by 2025. 

We'll send you an e-mail or text message when you're able to order an adapter. More information on the how to get a Virgin Media Fibre phone can be found here

Regarding the fault, are you able to describe in a bit more detail the interference you're experiencing?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

andy_48
Tuning in

"Regarding the fault, are you able to describe in a bit more detail the interference you're experiencing?"

White noise. I can still hear the caller but it is annoying and a little intrusive.

Hi @andy_48, thank you for your response.

Does the noise happen all the time during calls or before dialling a number?

Regards,
Daniel

andy_48
Tuning in

before dialling a number

andy_48
Tuning in

Well, both really. I.e it's constant

Hi @andy_48

It's likely we'll need to arrange a technician visit, but can you firstly please answer the following questions: 

Is the phone currently plugged into an extension telephone socket (without Virgin Media logo)? If so, does the phone work in the master socket (with Virgin Media logo)?

Also, how many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line? Is it less or more than three?

Regards,
Daniel

andy_48
Tuning in

It predates Virgin Media (Telewest) so I don't think there's an identifiable master socket! I can only find one socket in the house that works. Only one piece of equipment attached.

Hi @andy_48,

In order to discuss this further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel