cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM Landline failed

Mrs_J_B
Joining in

VM landline ex telewest siamese twin cable style previously reliable for 20 plus years has developed a problem. Loud distorted noise instead of dial tone & unable to make calls out. For calls in the phone rings and can be answered but are so distorted that neither end can communicate. No area issues shown on the web page and I have disconnected the extension phones and swapped out the main phone with all three phones showing identical symptoms so am reasonably sure its external to the house. Broadband and TV remain functional.

Obviously calling 150 doesn't work. Trying to call from a mobile has limited success as very limited mobile reception at home so the call drops before I get support to understand the issue. Calling from away and no they can't expect me to answer the landline because I am not there and yes I am sure it is a VM hardware POT landline not a BT or other supplier line or a VOIP line.

Can anyone please take up this issue or suggest how to report this to someone who both knows what I am talking about and can get it fixed.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @Mrs_J_B 😊

Keep us posted with your tech visit, and if you would like to view, change or cancel you can do so 👉here.

Zoie

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mrs_J_B,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our forums 👋

I am sorry you are having issues with your landline, thank you for doing all of those steps to rule out everything else. 

I have checked your landline and can see it is non-contactable, so we will need to book an engineer.

I will pop you over a PM, keep an eye out for the little envelope 📩
Thanks,

Zoie

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for messaging with me @Mrs_J_B 😊

Keep us posted with your tech visit, and if you would like to view, change or cancel you can do so 👉here.

Zoie

Tech,duly turned up, found the fault was as described and pottered off to the exchange to fix it. We now have a working phone line again.

Thank you for your intervention.

Hi @Mrs_J_B 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know this is all resolved for you. Glad to hear the tech was able to fix this for you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

LondonLiz
Joining in

I have the same issue, it was just a flat tone, now its loud fast beeping, no calls possible. There was an outage in my area at the end of last week, I guess its a hangover from that

Hi @LondonLiz 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing some issues wit your landline. I'd love to help you further!

Can you confirm the phone is seated in the base correctly and powered on?

I can see your line connects to the hub which hasn't been rebooted in 24 days. Please could you try a reboot to see if this helps?

We also have some troubleshooting here you may find useful 👉 Why is my Virgin landline not working?

If after going through these checks, the issue persists, then please respond to my PM 📩  so I can assist accordingly. 

Thanks 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for confirming the requested details via PM @LondonLiz 

I've booked a technician for you to come out and have a look into the issue with the landline. You can find confirmation of the visit via your 👉 online account.

Please let me know if there are any problems with the date or time and I can look to reschedule this for you. In regards to the appointment there are some details you need to know about. There will be no charge for this visit unless:

•The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can also do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Let us know how the visit goes! 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs