cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get through to certain numbers

chamoisleather
On our wavelength

Hopefully, someone from VM can help with this.

When I call 2 numbers, I get the following message:

“This number is temporarily unavailable. You might like to try contacting them a different way”.

It starts to ring and then immediately cuts to that message. I don’t have any problems when I call other numbers and, when others ring them, they don’t get the message. It’s just my landline. My mobile rings them ok.

What do I do? It wasn’t a problem until about 2 weeks ago.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for confirming. OK so as 141 is going through, this does indicate that it's nothing to do with us I'm afraid. I'd advise speaking to your friends and asking them to contact their provider, explain the error you're getting when calling.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @chamoisleather 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Sorry to hear you're having difficulty calling 2 numbers. 

Can you confirm; 

• The numbers in question you're trying to dial, are they landline numbers or mobiles? 
  • Are they on the same network/supplier? 

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. They’re both landlines and BT. 

chamoisleather

Thanks for coming back to me.

OK can you ask your friends for me to see if they are having any issues with any other Virgin Media landlines calling them please?

Also, if you were to 141 in front of their number, does the call connect and go through?

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Hi John

I’m the only one with Virgin as far as they know. I’ve just tried putting 141 in front and it’s ringing without the message!

Thanks for coming back to me and confirming.

The two people you can't phone without the 141, are they in the same location?

Also are there any other BT landline numbers you can try calling see if those go through?

Just trying to narrow the issue as it doesn't seem like it's a you issue as 141 is working. 

John_GS
Forum Team

They’re both in East Lothian in Scotland. The other person we call regularly (in Wales) is on TalkTalk and that’s never a problem. It’s really only those 3 we call on a landline.

Thanks for confirming. OK so as 141 is going through, this does indicate that it's nothing to do with us I'm afraid. I'd advise speaking to your friends and asking them to contact their provider, explain the error you're getting when calling.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Thanks for your help.