cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer VM landline number out to another provider

ccranstone
On our wavelength

HI

Rather than trying to phone and wait for hours, perhaps someone can answer this for me?

I want to transfer my VM landline to Voip with a different provider, assuming that the transfer works OK, what then happens to my VM telephone account which is still "live"? Are there any reasons why my number will not be transferred (all bills up to date etc.)?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ccranstone,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, if you were to port your number out to another company this would cancel your landline, if you are on a bundled package any discounts associated to this would be lost and the price may increase, if you are in a contract there may also be early disconnection fees.

Regards

Paul.

So basically, I am stuffed because without a contract I have exorbitant fees and to get those fees down I need a contract. win win for VM

All the above is if in contract, you can call and speak to our Customer Relations team on either 150 from a Virgin Landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, options 1,3 then 4 to see what packages are available without the phone once the number has been taken, if you were to remove the phoneline first you may lose the number.

Regards

Paul.