cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Landline keeps cutting off after 15 minutes!

foggy69
Joining in

I am having the same issue as Tarquinisme, after about 15 minutes, my phone drops the connection. It has only started to do this recently.

I use a Panasonic KX-TGJ420E phone, it says it is DECT in the manual and is powered because it has a built in answerphone

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @foggy69 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you. 

I'm so sorry to hear you are facing this issue, we have split your post so that we can deal with this as an individual fault. 

Can I ask if your phone is connected at the Hub? Do you get any other sounds online before the phone cuts or does it just cut suddenly? 

The phone is connected to the hub.

There is no warning that the phone will disconnect, the line just goes dead.

Thank you @foggy69 can I ask which port the phone is plugged into?

Have you been able to try another phone on the line at all?

The phone is plugged into port TEL 1.

I would love to try using another phone, but all I now get when I dial a number is an engaged tone.

Why is this system so ****

Hi @foggy69, we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

Can you please try rebooting the Hub and let us know if that makes any difference to what you're experiencing?

Regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

Rebooting the hub solved the permanently engaged issue and the 15 minute cut off as well.

Thanks

Hi foggy69

Thanks for the update - pleased to hear a reboot has sorted the issue.

Give us a shout if you need anything else!

Beth

KiKuKaK
Tuning in

Hi All,

Thanks for posting this insane problem that Virgin Media has with their hubs. The past few days I have been trying to close an important transaction with the US but my line kept dropping after 15mins. I was blaming the other side for either hanging up or timing out on their calls. I can only imagine how many Virgin Media customers are affected by this and they don't even know. Neither does Virgin Media. Was on with tech support today and spotted this post so informed them of what the problem is! Honestly, unbelievably poor service and apparently noting been done about it.

Hey KiKuKaK,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment. 

What have you actually been advised by the team about the issues? Does this happen on all calls in and out or is it only calls that you make?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L