cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number out

HughA
Tuning in

I currently have broadband and phone and am still in contract for another month.  I want to port my number to another supplier but am concerned that this may trigger a new VM contract which I do not want. Is this likely to happen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HughA 

Welcome back to the community forums

If you're looking to move your landline service to another provider and port the number, then this would not trigger a new contract. 

If you're in a contract when the number ports then you might find that any discounts attached to the landline or having two services with us will drop off and you pay more for the service you have. If you're not in a contract then your active package will change from a duel service to a broadband solo service, which might change in price as well.

You may also find that if you have not provided us with a 30 day disconnection notice or are still in your contract period when the number ports out that early disconnection fees may apply, but no new contract would be generated if you wanted to port the number out. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HughA 

Welcome back to the community forums

If you're looking to move your landline service to another provider and port the number, then this would not trigger a new contract. 

If you're in a contract when the number ports then you might find that any discounts attached to the landline or having two services with us will drop off and you pay more for the service you have. If you're not in a contract then your active package will change from a duel service to a broadband solo service, which might change in price as well.

You may also find that if you have not provided us with a 30 day disconnection notice or are still in your contract period when the number ports out that early disconnection fees may apply, but no new contract would be generated if you wanted to port the number out. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

HughA
Tuning in

Thanks for your very helpful reply.

Your welcome @HughA 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or need any support in the future at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley