cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone call recipient permanently engaged

cookie1
Tuning in

Recently when ringing certain numbers from my virgin landline the recipient  is permanently engaged. It appears that I now have to enter the full area code with number otherwise the recipient is engaged. This didn't happen before. Any suggestions.

4 REPLIES 4

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi cookie1,

Thank you for your post. We're sorry to hear about the change with your Landline service. 

To confirm if this calling both landline and mobile numbers?

^Martin

The problem only seems to occur when using landline. If I dial another landline number without the complete area code, even if it is same area code as mine the caller is engaged. Using mobile the problem does not occur as all landline numbers require area code to be used. Until recently if I used landline to dial local landline numbers ie 8******* the call connected, but now I have to add 020 otherwise lines is engaged. Our friends also with Virgin have experienced the same problem. My concern is that people trying to contact me unaware of this problem will be unable to get through.

tvadikt
Dialled in

I presume you have recently "upgraded" your phone to be connected to your router as opposed to the traditional phone line socket?

I believe once this is done (for all users, not just Virgin) that it is mandatory to dial the full numbers with STD codes, similar to what happens with mobiles. This has been poorly (if at all) communicated to customers / the general public in my opinion

Hi cookie1,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear you're having some issues with the line.

We are aware of this being an issue if you've recently switched over to a digital line, it's something we'll need to raise an IT ticket for.

I've popped you over a private message to get a few details from you.

Alex_Rm