cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Line

joshandy
Joining in

Good evening,

I called VM Customer service to report a fault with the telephone line, I got all the usual generic phone tests which reported back to me that there was an issue with the phone line. 

I then got through to an advisor who went through the same tests and told me that there was an issue. He then told me that they would put a 24 hour monitor on the telephone line and I received texts today that told me the line is good. 

I still have no dial tone and unable to receive any calls, I want to know if anyone else has had this issue and what was done to fix this. 

For context I have the VM Super Hub 2ac which I believe does not have a connection to the phone directly. I believe the phone is connected via BT master socket separately. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I had a problem with my landline recently the technician said they were not repairing them and just transferred me to using the phone through my hub. That’s what will probably happen in your case, with a new hub of course.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @joshandy, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing with the landline services. 

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this for you, and seek to have the hub updated, as we would seek to ensure that all customers are operating on a Hub 3.0 or above moving forward, so all customers are ready for the landline switch over from the older copper lines, to the new digital based services.

Check out the envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Thanks,

David_Bn

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When I had a problem with my landline recently the technician said they were not repairing them and just transferred me to using the phone through my hub. That’s what will probably happen in your case, with a new hub of course.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I thought this may be the case, appreciate the answer bud, thankyou.