cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missed switchover date

gill139
Tuning in

Is it possible that my phone will continue to work for some time without me using the adaptor? I forgot the switchover date and it is still working. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gill139 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

The landline switchover date is set for the day the connection via the back of the hub is active. Sometimes, during the change-over, the old system may remain active for a while after until some changes back end. To ensure you still have active services, we would advise you to set up your landline as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/digital-voice-switchover Please let us know if you have any issues with this and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gill139 

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your query.

The landline switchover date is set for the day the connection via the back of the hub is active. Sometimes, during the change-over, the old system may remain active for a while after until some changes back end. To ensure you still have active services, we would advise you to set up your landline as seen here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/digital-voice-switchover Please let us know if you have any issues with this and we will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All switchovers are on hold.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Ah, now I am in a quandary. If you are right and switchovers are on hold then am I right in thinking there are issues which it is best to avoid?

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @gill139

Thank you for your reply, we can confirm our switch overs are on hold. What issues are you having? Let us know and we will do our best to help. 

Thanks,
Zoie

No issues at the moment as I haven't connected my phone to the adaptor. It was the fact that my phone was still working normally and I had missed the date that I was  wondering about. I am having a few issues with vm  at the moment and didn't want anymore. Thanks.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know, what issues are you having? We are here to help😊
Zoie

The myO2 app cannot now recognise my mobile number (which is a long standing virgin mobile) and I have had issues with buffering but may have been as I had had everything switched off for a couple of weeks and there had been issues in my area. I was on the phone to O2 regarding my sim cards for an hour to no avail this morning. My contract is coming up for renewal on 5th March and there is also the price increase to negotiate. Not quite sure who to contact after this merger business.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI @gill139 
With your O2 app issues, we would not be able to assist further with this you will need to contact O2, you can do so at this number 0344 809 0202. We are unable to assist with package renewals on the forum, but you can call our team on 150/0345 454 1111 option 4 then 4.
Thanks,
Zoie

Thank you. I will contact VM about the contract which has a Volt addition and hope I can get things sorted.