cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*MY TELEPHONE HANDSET IS SHOWING 'NO LINK TO BASE - PLEASE CHECK BASE?' ANY GUIDANCE?

Roger123
Dialled in

Body  good morning. Roger123 here. *Can you or any other bright and knowledgable member of the Community please give me a hand? I am quite new to Virgin Media and my Wife and I are elderly and I am a bit 'shaky' suffering from Parkinson's disease. *Although I cannot dial out (there is of course no dialling tone) apparently people can dial in to me. Can anyone please explain this situation and how it might be remedied? Thank you. Roger123

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Roger123,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for any issues faced with setting up the handset.

With the new way of connecting through the fibre line, we'd require the handset to be connected to the Hub.

Are you currently using the adaptor the team sent out at all?

Can the handset be connected without the need of the adaptor?

Let us know,

Kain

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Roger123
Dialled in

Body   Roger123 here. *My home 'phone is old (British Telecom) and the handset is now showing 'no link to base - check base'. There is no dialling tone out but apparently people are able to ring in but there is no sound for me. Would it be sensible for me to purchase a new 'Panasonic' digital cordless 'phone? Would this new 'phone work WITHOUT being connected up to Virgin Media wiring? If anyone can help please I would be most grateful as I am quite new to Virgin Media, I am old and do not understand anything connected with this. Thank you. Kind regards. Roger123

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Roger123,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sincere apologies for any issues faced with setting up the handset.

With the new way of connecting through the fibre line, we'd require the handset to be connected to the Hub.

Are you currently using the adaptor the team sent out at all?

Can the handset be connected without the need of the adaptor?

Let us know,

Kain

Kain_W   Roger123 here. Thank you for your recent advice and I can now tell you that the new 'Panasonic' phone has been connected up to the Virgin Media wiring. As I have said, I am old and do not really understand the technical side of things but ALL appears to be working perfectly.Thank you.  Roger123