cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline

Cseery
Joining in

I signed up for Virgin Media in April and requested for my existing landline to be transferred back from Sky.

I still have no connection and the number showing on my account is the correct number.

Please can someone get this resolved.

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you have the VM phone adapter and are connecting into the TEL1 socket on the back of the VM hub?

21-cv-connection-to-hub.jpg

Is the line totally dead (no sound at all)?

If you log into the VM hub, what does it show for 'Telephony' on the hub's welcome screen? (Think it should say 'Ready' if it is set up and 'Disabled' if it is not provisioned).

You would normally expect to get a temporary working VM number first of all which is automatically replaced by your actual number once the port is complete.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cseery

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear your issues with your landline service. 

Does your landline have a dial tone at all? If so, are you able to make calls at all from the landline and when calling to a mobile phone, is the number that shows on the mobile the number you wished to be ported from Sky or a different number?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Carley,

Thanks for responding.

From what I can tell, my number was never requested to be transferred from Sky and as such, I have now lost the number and have a new one. None of this was ever communicated to me by Virgin Media and it has caused major inconvenience to me. I was never given a temporary number and no one has bothered to resolve the issue. No one has apologised either.

To say I'm annoyed is an understatement.

Thanks for coming back to us @Cseery, if you have been issued with a landline service from Virgin Media - as per the itemising of your contract and bills, you would have been issued with the landline phone number to utilise until the number port took place.

Both landline services with Sky and Virgin Media would need to be active for a number port to successfully go through for a customer.

Were both services active at the same time, or was Sky cancelled before Virgin Media was installed?

Thanks,

David_Bn

Hi,

I really don't understand why this is so complicated to explain.

I signed up with Virgin in April and was told my existing phone number would be ported from Sky. This was not done. My service with Sky then ended and I lost my phone number.

No one at Virgin has ever taken any accountability for this. I've had no apology and was never given a temporary number while my number was being ported.

Is that clear?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You have made it clear that you lost your number but you haven't answered any of the other questions asked in the topic.

Are you able to make use of the VM landline at the moment for calls in/out (albeit with a new telephone number)?

Sorry you feel this way about our attempts to understand the crux of the issue in full @Cseery.

It's simply a case of trying to confirm if you do indeed have a landline service with us - you seem to advise there is no temporary landline phone number (there would be a phone number attached to the account with an active landline service), but have also said the correct number is on your account - with the catalyst of the subject being your preferred number from Sky has not been ported over.

Please confirm the following;

Do you have a landline phone number on any Virgin Media documentation?

Is this a number you don't recognise or "the correct number" - which I assume you mean that one porting over from Sky?

Do you have a dial tone?

Does the landline phone connect via the "Tel 1" on the back of the router?

Thanks.

David_Bn

Hi,

The phone number associated with my Virgin Media account (and still showing on my app when I log in) is my original phone number that should have been ported.

I do have a different working phone number but this is not what I asked for. 

Do you work for VM?