cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working

vmtom
Joining in

I only found this out as it rung today, I have not used it for a year or so, so I answered it and no one spoke, and then i found I had no dial tone.  I am not on digital voice, I am on an anaglogue phone. I have  tried several handsets in to the master socket, there are no extensions. No ringtone, I can not dial out, and if I try to ring it the phone making the call is told the line is busy, it does not dial the number.  I checked status page and there are no faults in my area. Its so odd that the phone just rang and now no longer works.

I looked on virgin web and can not find a way to contact support about phone issues that are about faults, so I am posting here.

4 REPLIES 4

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey vmtom,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your landline at the moment. I have looked into your issue and we will need to send out a technician to resolve the issues. I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me vmtom, glad to hear that you have been able to get a technician booked to resolve your issues.

Please let us know how the visit goes.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

vmtom
Joining in

Rather than fix, got given an adapter and moved over to phone line via hub, which is working fine. I assume this was not a planned move as there was no message saying I was going to be moved over.

Thanks for coming back to us vmtom, this would not have been a planned migration of your telephone, it may have been the best way to resolve the issues that you were experiencing.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L