cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not working - no dial tone

mazj_uk
Tuning in

My landline is not working, there's no dial tone It's run via its own wall socket and the cabling all appears to be fine. It was working previously and nothing has changed. We have tried the handset on another line and it works fine. We've run the usual diagnostics via our online account (reset hub etc) but it's made no difference. The landline is not linked to our hub.

I can't find a way to book an engineer via our online account, we seem to just go round in circles. Please could someone advise? 

4 REPLIES 4

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mazj_uk

Sorry to hear of the landline issues experienced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums.

We can see you have spoken to the team, were they able to assist with the issue? Does this happen on all sockets and have you been able to try with a different handset?

mazj_uk
Tuning in

Hi, thank you for getting back to me. I only have one landline socket in my house. I've tried another handset and still the same, and I have tried my original handset in a different property and it works fine. I have only been able to get my hub reset via the support team, which is not connected to my landline, and run through the normal diagnostics. 

Thanks for the update maz_uk, I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

horseboi53
Joining in

I have exactly the same issue. All I get is ' no problems in your area, reset your hub etc' but this does not fix anything. I don't see what resetting the hub has to do with a phone landline. Also there is no way, that I can see, to book an engineer.