cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline not ported from Sky correctly

djb3
Tuning in

On 2 Sept Virgin engineer installed TV, Broadband and landline. Everything works ok apart from landline. I was given a temporary number. I have rung Virgin a few times to ask them to Port the number from Sky to Virgin and I'm always assured it's in hand.

I plugged an old phone into my Sky Router and my normal phone into the Virgin router so i would be able to check when it had taken place. Sky said they would keep my broadband on until th 12 Sept so Virgin could port the number.

Yesterday i dialled my mobile number using the phone connected to the Virgin router and my mobile rang showing my normal number so I thought that's sorted. However when I rang my usual landline number the Phone connected to the Sky Router rang. It appears that my number has only been partly ported (if there is such a thing). I rung Virgin last night and they said that they would get in touch with the correct people to sort this. I explained that Sky would be switching off my broadband on the 12th. They said they would sort it.

Today I checked my Virgin phone and I was able to make calls ok. I also rang a friend and my number came up ok on his phone. However when I asked him to ring me back the phone connected to the Sky Router rang. I also rang my number on my mobile and the Sky Router phone rang. What is going on!

I have telephoned Virgin again this morning and they have said it could take 14 days. I said that Sky were supposed to switch off my broadband yesterday.

Can somebody from Virgin please help. I'm 73 and I receive calls from the hospital frequently because of various problems I have. 

Thanks in anticipation

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi djb3,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're do apologise that your number port has not been successful in coming over to us fully.

We would like to investigate this matter further for you to see what has happened. I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi djb3,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're do apologise that your number port has not been successful in coming over to us fully.

We would like to investigate this matter further for you to see what has happened. I will pop you over a private message to take some details, please click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi djb3,

Thanks for the private message, we're pleased to hear that your number port has now come across for you.

If you have any further issues, please pop back here and we'll help you as much as we can.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Grahammc
Tuning in

I had a similar problem at the end of October/beginning of November. Didn't get resolved until 8th Jan. I now have the problem that any call to my landline from a SKY mobile fails with a recorded message saying the number does not exist. Engineer claims O2 and SKY use the same network. He can call me so problem must be fixed. It isn't. Having to report this yet again is a royal pain in the arse.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Grahammc

We can see you have posted in regards to this on another thread and we are assisting there. Please keep to one thread so we can best help.
Thanks,
Zoie

Grahammc
Tuning in

Ok. Nice to have a response.