cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline dead again

GJ_12345
Joining in

Old fashioned wired landline...   No dial tone when going off-hook, but can hear a click, showing that cabling is intact.  Calling in, I get engaged tone.

Online check says landline is ok, but says there's a broadband fault but the landline is clearly not working and I can see no problem at all with bb!

The problem seems to recur a couple of times a year and is particularly annoying because the mobile signal here is so poor.  Help please

Thanks, Graham

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I have often found in the past that the service status page may list only one service with a problem but, in reality, other services may be faulty too.

Have you tried the automated service status number 0800 561 0061? If you can get a mobile signal, it may report more localised problems not showing on the service status page.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

I have often found in the past that the service status page may list only one service with a problem but, in reality, other services may be faulty too.

Have you tried the automated service status number 0800 561 0061? If you can get a mobile signal, it may report more localised problems not showing on the service status page.

Thanks, I didn't know of that number, but I tried it and there are no known local issues

Hey GJ_12345, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with.

Did that report any faults at all?

Is the landline okay or still playing up?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

GJ_12345
Joining in

Hi Matt, no local faults were reported on the service status number, landline still as described previously - no dialtone, audible click when going off-hook, engaged tone on calling in from another phone.

Thanks, Graham

I will send you a DM now so we can take a look for you.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get the balling rolling on this for you:)

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?