cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dialling tone

MalcP
Tuning in

How do I stop the intermittent dialling tone on my home phone?

7 REPLIES 7

Arissa_H
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi MalcP 👋🏼.

Thank you for posting and welcoming you back onto our community forum 😊.

Sorry to see you are having issues with your dialling tone ☹.

Please can you elaborate, what you mean by intermittent dialling tone? Does it ring then ring off? 

Is this happening when you try another handset? 

Let us know and we will be able to further assist you.  

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Ari, 

wheni pick up the handset to make a call the tone I get is intermittent. I believe that normally signals that I have voicemail. I have checked and there are no messages recorded.

Many thanks

Malcolm 

Hi @MalcP,

Thanks for expanding. Do you have any other landline handsets available that you can test this with? This is to eliminate if this is a potential device issue if possible.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach. I have 2 wireless handsets, 1 in the lounge and 1 in a bedroom. The same thing is happening on both.

Hi @MalcP,

Thank you for checking and confirming. Are you able to make and/or receive calls, or is this intermittent dial tone also preventing you from doing that?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

It is not interfering with either making or receiving calls Zach. It is just a little annoying and I'm confused as to why it has happened.

Hi Malcolm. 

We would need to bring you in for a private message to discuss and investigate further. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina