cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have one concern after being switched onto my hub

edam
Joining in

My copper telephone cable runs in my front garden but my broadband & tv is connected onto next doors cabling, via a couple of splitters, which runs in their garden.

So now if they dig up their cables not only do I loose my broadband and TV but also my phone as well

Could it all be connected onto my cables rather that next doors like it always used to be

4 REPLIES 4

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The reason you likely have a shared connection is there is a problem with the underground duct servicing your property. Rather than doing a major construction exercise in the pavement outside they have split the neighbours connection, something that happens quite often.

I can see you having an uphill battle to get anything done if the current arrangement is not causing service issues, especially as all current connections are being replaced with full fibre in the not too distant future. One of the reasons your phone service has moved to the hub is to bring in full fibre operation.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi edam,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear your cable is attached to your neighbours which causes you concern, in most cases the copper phone cable is no longer used and ours is connected with the Internet and TV, if you have a separate phone cable this is likely to be from another provider, you advised the cables used to be fed differently, when was this changed?

Regards

Paul.

it was done a few years back when I had problems with my TV and rather than replacing the cable they connected me onto next doors cable using a 4 way splitter. My virgin phone was still connected to the old siameese cable ..

Hi @edam 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. Nodrogd has advised perfectly here, sometimes we do these things if there's an issue with the ducting etc but it shouldn't cause any issues :).

Are they planning on digging up cabling? Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill