cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot call any Landline numbers only mobile numbers respond

Joining in

Over the past 2 days we have not been able to call any landline numbers but can receive calls from others including mobiles and landlines:

• Dialing tone heard when first dialing landlines.  Then the line goes quiet for some seconds with no ringtone heard.  After a few more seconds feedback from our own voices or breathing can be heard but no connection
  • We have been informed that the other party received our call but can get no other response.
  • Strangely we are able to connect without issue to mobile phones
  • Broadband seems to be functioning normally
  • Have reset the router twice now once by manually unplugging and once via the Virgin website.

What is the next step please to solving this issue?

4 REPLIES 4

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @4597 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the landline issue. No issues are showing when checking.

From what you've said, you've done a reboot not reset. Can you push the reset button in for me for 2 minutes then you should hear a dull click.

Then you'll need to reconnect every device in the household (as this is what a reset does). Then try making a test call to a landline number please.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Joining in

Hi John

Followed your instructions to push the reset button and connect to other devices.  Made a test call and got the dialing tones followed by complete silence i.e. no ringing tone and then after several seconds I could hear my breathing and voice delayed by a few seconds

Thanks for trying that, sorry to see that this didn't resolve the issue.

I'll be happy to take a look at this further for you so I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for chatting with me via PM @4597 😊 Glad to see that this issue has now been resolved.

Let us know if you need any further help, we're always happy to assist.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules