cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Area 06 (SS3) landline down - dial tone but no inbound/outbound calls

Brainfart
On our wavelength

Landline uses the rear phone socket on the SHUB3, which currently has red blinking light on it
When you log into the shub itself, telephony status is red (error)
Restarted the shub, did a diagnostic, checked the handsets
Then did a full reset on the shub to be sure
Tried dialing out on the line multiple times, nothing
Try phoning the line from another (mobile) phone and you get an out of service message

I did check the service status page but I've been around enough to know not everything goes up on it
When it did the online diagnostic, it also mentioned needing to reset the shub (already done)

Needs sorting the main reason I even maintain the LL at this point in time is the other person in the property is vulnerable and uses it. I gather from the similar posts on this part of the board there is a fault.

10 REPLIES 10

alwaysabear
Up to speed

I have the same problem here and did all the suggested remedies. The problem started about 3 pm and is still on going. 

The fix for FO11319624 has changed from 5pm to now 9pm.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there,

Thanks for your post, sorry to hear you're having issues with the landline at the moment.

We can see any known issues in the area affecting you at the moment, but are there any known issues showing for you here? To clarify, you mentioned a red blinking light, were you referring to the base light on the Hub?

Let us know, I'll do my best to get this sorted ASAP.

Beth

Philstringy
Dialled in

The red telephone icon on my hub has been flashing all day and the house phone will not make nor receive calls

SS2 area

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Philstringy,

Thanks for getting in touch - it does look like you're in an area that's currently affected by a landline outage. We are aware and we are working on a resolution. The fault is estimated to be resolved by 9pm tonight. It's been raised under the reference F011319624

Apologies for any confusion @Brainfart, but after double-checking it does appear that you're also affected by this outage, so please do ignore my post above 😊

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused whilst we get this issue fixed.

Beth

Brainfart
On our wavelength

@Beth_G wrote:

We can see any known issues in the area affecting you at the moment, but are there any known issues showing for you here? To clarify, you mentioned a red blinking light, were you referring to the base light on the Hub?

I checked the website before coming here
I performed diagnostics while logged into the shub3, and then again from the websites own "check your kit" thing.
As previously mentioned I am aware smaller faults typically don't get put on the service status page (which I should mention, is fine - it would be irrational to expect every little fault to appear there) and this is the case here

The red light is the "flashing red phone" one, I checked it against this
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/how-to/broadband/hub-lights
Included the link because I figure it might be helpful for others having problems.

Brainfart
On our wavelength

No worries,

Hope you can appreciate where I am coming from - if anything my concern is more for those on their own who don't have someone to chase this stuff up for them, in my case the other person at least has someone around.

Cheers for confirming the fault though

Have a good one

I also have the same problem, and my mother in a separate address, we are bot SS2 area 06.  Exactly the same issue and has been like this since before 8am this morning.

I reported this on a different topic, but the same problem earlier today where people in other areas (all South East) CM2 to mention one.  

Evidently that topic was supposed to be resolved by 13:30.  I'm getting annoyed.

We do appreciate that Brianfart. You're welcome for confirming that. 

^Martin

Philstringy
Dialled in

All day without the house phone - I assume we'll be recompensed?