cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email

martinb_55
Joining in

Hi,

I have seen many threads on virgin.net email loss of passwords. I lost mine some  time ago.

After a lengthy discussion with Virgin support, I was no further forward resetting my lost password. They referred my to Talk Talk.

I no longer use this email address and wish to close the email account. It is not linked to my Virgin media account.

Does anyone know how I go about closing the email account, as it receives spam and virus attached mail on an almost daily basis? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to the public thread to keep things updated. 

Thanks to Martinb_55 for PMing with me. 

We were able to confirm the details needed and ensure the email address has been deleted. 

Thanks for the patience whilst we were able to get things sorted! Let us know if there is anything else you need. 

All the best! 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Martinb_55 👋 Welcome to the community Forum! Thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear these concerns about your virgin.net email address. 

When leaving our services, email addresses should be closed and deleted after 90 days, but if this is not the case, we can ensure the email address is locked and deleted for you. We will also just need to check that the email is not the primary one connected to your current active My VM account. We will need to confirm a few details via PM to arrange this. 

You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi All 👋 Just returning to the public thread to keep things updated. 

Thanks to Martinb_55 for PMing with me. 

We were able to confirm the details needed and ensure the email address has been deleted. 

Thanks for the patience whilst we were able to get things sorted! Let us know if there is anything else you need. 

All the best! 🌞

Molly