cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virgin.net email locked out

KB10
Joining in

my virgin.net email stopped working when i try to log the message says Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable ... follow these steps to unlock your account.  I've tried to reset my password but it takes you in circles.  The virgin media live chat tried to change it for me but couldn't.  Please help, this has been my email for the past 25 years!

6 REPLIES 6

KB10
Joining in

I followed all the reset instructions and eventually changed my email too to my gmail account.  Now it comes up with DEF01 error?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KB10 Is the virgin.net email address linked to your current Virginmedia broadband account?

If not that might be the cause of the error message that you are seeing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Graham, no it isn’t I’ve had the email for many years.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@KB10 That's not good news.

Your email address will be an orphaned account that should have been closed some years ago.  You can read more about this here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

KB10
Joining in

Thanks Graham.  We do have virgin broadband so i will try them again.  If anyone from Virgin reads this, please get in touch and help me out!  I’ve had this email address for years and I need access to it asap please.

Hey KB10, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear you are having some email issues, also a warm welcome to the community forums.

Let me send you a DM and we can take a look 🙂 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?