cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ntlworld.com email not working

KB510
Joining in

My ntlworld.com email that I've had for years is now not working...approx a week.

I use this email for private and business email and have a lot of saved important emails.

I desperately need it back if anyone can help?

This keeps coming up (below)...myself and my Wife have tried to do what they've instructed us to do but it's not working and we're just going round in circles.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Your Virgin Media Mail account is currently unavailable

This is either because your Virgin Media Mail account is locked, or because you don’t have an active account with us anymore.

If you have an existing Virgin Media Mail account with us, please follow the steps below, as your account may have been locked as a security precaution.

23 REPLIES 23

I’m going to phone Virgin tomorrow and see if I can get any answers. I’ll keep you posted. Someone must know why this is happening!

That's great. Yeah please keep me posted. Hopefully get this resolved for everyone. Thanks

KB510
Joining in

Now nearly 2 weeks I've been locked out.....any other ideas or solutions?

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob

arthurjack
Joining in
  1. Pleased to report Virgin have fixed the issue!

HOW????

I am in an endless loop of nothingness with exactly the same problem... my wife's email had been locked by the system and the only way we found out is that she stopped getting email.

I've tried resetting passwords but I get no reset emails and there is no way of speaking or direct chatting - this is CRAZY and is driving me nuts!

Thanks, at least a little steam has gone for the moment.

Surprisingly I got through to Virgin on the phone on Monday. After a long chat - they went away and talked to the IT dept - came back and they would call in a couple of days. Got to Thursday and no call, but suddenly my wife’s account was working and she got a load of mail in. Never actually heard from the IT dept, but they certainly got it sorted. So can only suggest giving Virgin a call?

kevanss
Joining in

Hi, not sure if we are having the same issue but wanted to share our fix incase it helps.  Within last week hubby's ntlworld email address was locked.  I had to follow instructions and add what I thought was a another email incase we locked the ntlworld one I added a gmail.  Now today we were unable to sign into ntlworld address.  I then found the locked email confirming that I had changed the sign in address to the gmail.  So to sign in we use the gmail address but it takes us to the ntlworld emails and the ntlworld email address still accepts and sents emails. We found it all very confusing but it works and hopefully this works for you too. 

arthurjack
Joining in

Thanks for your reply. Certainly a complicated “fix”. As I said strangely I receive mail on the secondary account and can send it from webmail, but can’t send from my iPad?? However, this is the second time I’ve had this problem so I think I may just use a gmail account. We’ll see!

arthurjack
Joining in

Solution! I opened a gmail account.