cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forward as attachment

BEF
Up to speed

My account with VM is an @ntlworld.com account. How can I forward emails as an attachment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF wrote:

My account with VM is an @ntlworld.com account. How can I forward emails as an attachment.

In VM Mail click on the cog icon to select settings.  Then change the forward as option to attachment.

forward as attachment.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF wrote:

In VM Mail click on the cog icon to select settings.  Then change the forward as option to attachment.

forward as attachment.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you Graham! so simple when you know how B

BEF
Up to speed

Hi All, Please may I adjust this post slightly with an additional question.

I am replying to an email and I want to add a third party email to this reply, how do I do this?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF Do you mean that you want the reply to appear to be sent from a third party email address or do you want to send it to a third party as well as the  original sender?

If the later simply add the second email address as a cc or bcc.  You may need to hit the down arrow in the send field to see the cc and bcc options.

Fyi bcc means that the address is hidden from the other recipients.  It dates back to the days of typewriters and carbon paper.  Cc - carbon copy. Bcc - blind carbon copy.

Hi Graham, I am sending a reply to an email but I want to show them/attach an email from a third person for information... Sorry It's not easy to explain...

asim18
Fibre optic

One method is to print the email to a PDF file. There should be an option to print emails, just select PDF as the printer and it will save it as a PDF file.

Then attach this PDF file to your new email.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BEF Use the forward as attachment technique as explained last year and send the message to your intended recipient.

If necessary copy and paste the text from the email you are replying to to add context.

Hi Graham, yes I did try that method but when I click the attach (paperclip), it does not give me the option for attaching emails. I tried drop and drag but that doesn't work either. I guess because the email I need to attach is a third party email and not linked in anyway to the email I am replying to?

I have instead, used the PDF option from Asim18.