cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant access virgin.net emails, or reset password as requested

dmm27
Joining in

For the last 24 hours I've been unable to access my virgin.net email account on thunderbird, webmail or mobile phone. It seems there was an issue with the password. When logging in via webmail, I was asked to change my email to a non virgin.net email, which then verified OK, I received a PIN, and then changed the password.

Now when I try to log in with the new password, I get told they dont match. When I try a password reset, I get an error message saying "Oops, we've ran into a problem. Wait a minute and try again. If this doesn't work, please come back later. (Code: DEF01)". I've been getting the same error message since yesterday.

Help!

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

s_scribe
Joining in

I am also getting the same problem, looks like this is far reaching and several people with virgin.net email domain are suffering the same. I am hoping that this will get resolved quickly before the national news picks it up and cause reputational damage.

dmm27
Joining in

Is anyone knowledgeable to pick this up please? Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dmm27 The Virgin Media Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this.  It is usually at least 24 hours from the original post before they reach it.

The first question that they are likely to ask is is the email address concerned linked to a current Virgin Media broadband account?  This is a prerequisite for continued use of the email address.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dmm27 👋

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear you are having some issues accessing your email account. 

Can you confirm if it is linked to an active broadband account?

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dmm27
Joining in

It used to be but not currently.

Thanks dmm27,

The email would need to be attached to an active broadband account in order to use it. If not, the email would be removed after 90 days if that account closing.

Alex_Rm

We do have Virgin broadband, however the virgin.net email is not currently attached to that account. Is it possible to see if it can still be attached to our existing account. Thanks

if the email address is not attached to an active broadband, we wouldn't be able to assist further with that, I'm afraid. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs