cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail quota

greysts1
Joining in

I am trying to move all my correspondents away from my old NTLWorld address to a new Gmail address. I have copied all the important emails to Google and deleted everything I can find in the NTLWorld system. That includes all my contacts, all sent and received mails and all deleted mails. On the face of it, there is nothing left.

However, the note at the bottom still says I have a 25gb Mail quota of which I am still using 1.396gb. How do I see what it is and more importantly how do I empty it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select ⚙ > E-mail > Change IMAP Subscriptions… and confirm all folders are subscribed to.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Anything in an 'archive' folder somewhere?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try refresh page by pressing Ctrl+Shift+R; content of Trash folder is not counted toward quota and messages older than 7 days should be automatically deleted.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

For the purposes of the thread taking positive action to migrate from VM email accounts to portable cloud-based services like Outlook is definitely the right thing to do and I recommend everyone who still regularly uses their VM/legacy addresses to do likewise ASAP. It takes longer than you think but VM will almost certainly close these email accounts in the not too distant future and is clearly winding down the maintenance and support of the service. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

However it should be mentioned here as it has in many places, that no online email account should be relied on as a permanent filing system. 

No email provider guarantees security or backups. If the online storage is ever lost , or access to it is lost whether by accidental operation, equipment failure or hacking, it is gone.  VM is not unique in this. 

Important data should always be backed up offline under the user's own control. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey greystst1, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Did any of the advice on here help at all? 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matthew

Unfortunately none of the replies solved the problem. I don't seem to have any emails in the system, live or otherwise, and I've deleted a couple of additional addresses that I created some time ago. I still appear to have 1.396gb data somewhere in my account.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Select ⚙ > E-mail > Change IMAP Subscriptions… and confirm all folders are subscribed to.

greysts1
Joining in

That hit the button!! Down to 145kb now so I'll carry on checking all the folders. There were any number of 10 year old emails in the various folders.

greysts1
Joining in

I've just found the last email hidden away so I now have zero bytes in my quota. I can now happily close my NTLWorld account or just wait for VM to do it for me! Thanks to a "Very Insightful Person".