cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to access email getting DEF01 error

Logie67
Joining in

Hi, I was locked out my email account and got access yesterday, 2o/03/24 by creating a 3rd party email account. I then got access to my email. Unfortunately I was then locked out later in the day. I have tried to rest my password and then tried to recover my email address but each time I get a DEF01 error. This has been since yesterday evening. I spent 8 minutes on a call to VM support this afternoon and they were unable to help. Can you help?

Thanks,

Mark

10 REPLIES 10

Logie67
Joining in

*80 minutes, ie 1 hour and 20 minutes,

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Logie67,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear of your recent online account and email account access issues. Are these ongoing for you today, or were the team able to assist you since your posts? If it's still ongoing, are you getting the same error code of DEF01?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, unfortunately I'm still getting the DEF01 message. I changed my email from @virgin.net to @outlook.com ans was abke to get in for a few hours, but since last week I keep getting the DEF01 when I try to reset my password.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks for the update Logie67 and we're sorry to hear the issue hasn't been resolved. Can you try following these steps for us please:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Rob

Hi Robert,

I cannot sign-in. It is rejecting my password and won't let me reset. My login email is now *@outlook.com but the password I set isn't being recognised and when I try and reset I get error message. I need someone in Virgin Media to reset my password for my *@outlook.com email. 

Mark

Logie67
Joining in

**I mean on Virgin Media. 😄

thanks,

Mark

Hi @Logie67 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John,

I haven't had a DM or any other correspondence from you or any of the other admins. 

thanks,

Mark

Sorry to hear this @Logie67 

We have sent this again. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs