cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

{Security} - Unable to Change passwords within accounts for primary or secondary emails

th3steg
Tuning in

I have an issue with both primary and secondary email accounts.

I am unable to set a password on either account to anything I want to use, unless I call VM customer support and they do it for me.

Now this has not always been the case, I have freely, and routinely been able to reset passwords within my accounts, but since the "hiccup" VM/O2 suffered with emails not so long about this has been a reality.

This is the issue,  If I log in with my known account, go to accounts, and click edit to change my password, I see the following:  "Verify it’s you First, we need you to change your sign in email address to one that isn't from Virgin Media. Then, when we send you a verification code in the next step, you'll able to access it from your alternative email address."

Clicking this takes me back to the main screen and the only option is to click "Edit" which in turn takes me back to the above, this is just a round-robin error, I can't get out of that loop.

If I try and change my security information, IE, "Password recovery question" by clicking Edit I also get taken to the above message and we start again in the loop.

If I go back to the start and click forgot password I am told " You can’t reset your password online right now, as you don’t have additional details set up on your account. To reset your password, please contact us  and one of our team will help you."

So, I am unable to change my passwords or update my security information and right now my only option is to call VM and tell them the password I want to use, which I have done, and they could not figure out the issue and said some one will look in to this.

Its been a couple of days now and I am now more concerned, that I can not change my passwords and the only password I can use is one that has been set by VM customer services which is less than ideal considering its a personal account.

So any ideas from the community support on this on what my next steps should/could be?

21 REPLIES 21

Sorry to hear this @Marcus72 

If the password has been changed at our side by an agent, this is not temporary. We only recommend that it is change again at your side once it's been changed to something more memorable and secure for you. 

If you do have any future access concerns, please do let us know, we'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi Akua_A

i am having the same issue and can’t access my blueyonder email address which just suddenly stopped last night - was using it and then went back on to get tickets and it wouldn’t download as kept saying it was not connected to the server. Tried accessing emails via virginmedia website but kept looping and saying I was logged out or no longer had email account. Any help would be great fully appreciated thanks