cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM Filter

colinhipwell19
Joining in

SPAM filter is now treating my regular contacts as SPAM. No amount of marking as not spam is helping!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello colinhipwell19.

Thanks for your reply.

You are quite right in saying, It does not address the initial problem.

I can look into this for you and get the answer.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @colinhipwell19 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue and welcome again to the forums. Can I ask if these are emails from multiple addresses or one particular address? 

Do these emails contain links or images at all?

Hello Ashleigh

They are from single addressees and often contain links as they have always done over as many years as I have been with VirginMedia and its predecessors. Has something changed with the SPAM filter recently? Nothing has changed as far as the content of the emails in question are concerned.

Regards

Thanks for coming back to us @colinhipwell19 

Does this same issue happen when you use an email client such as gmail and outlook as well as our webmail?

Are you able to try and reset your spam filters for us and see if this helps to resolve the issue? To do this click the settings cog in the top right-hand corner >Expand the Email option >Select SPAM Settings

Select the SPAM setting you’d like to use:
Reject All Spam messages
Move message to Spam folder (default)
Flag a message as Spam but deliver to Inbox
Turn off all Spam filtering

Let us know how you get on

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

I use the Mozilla Thunderbird client but messages never get forwarded from VMMail as they stop in the SPAM folder. I have reset my SPAM settings to allow through messages marked as SPAM for now to see how that goes but this is not really a solution. The system ought to learn what I consider SPAM or otherwise and it is not doing so.

Thanks for coming back to us on this one and doing the steps outlined by Carley above. 

Please keep us posted if this has helped or whether you're continuing to have the same issues so we can offer further help and support. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hello, this really isnt helping. By taking the VMspam  filter completely or partially out of the loop I am doing all the filtering myself which, although it stops me missing important emails, is not ideal, but more importantly does not address the actual problem. You need to investigate why it has stopped recognising my genuine correspondents and is not learning by experience that they are not SPAM.

Hello colinhipwell19.

Thanks for your reply.

You are quite right in saying, It does not address the initial problem.

I can look into this for you and get the answer.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Consider checking ⚙ > E-Mail > Blacklist for the email address that is being directed to Spam folder; if it is listed then removing it should resolve the issue.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Mine's a different problem (no update on any investigations as of yet) as it is a number of domains that are affected. I had your problem with a single domain a year or two back and that turned out to be to do with the shared server my ISP was using to output my emails. It had been used by a bulk-spammer so anything from that server was being bounced by my recipient.