cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIGN IN

zoetierney53
On our wavelength

Please can someone help?

I have always used my ntl world.com email to sign into virgin email and account,

Yesterday i was asked to sign in with a different email address which i had to create along with a new password

so now instead of ntlworld.com it is now gmail.com plus new password ,this has now resulted in me not being able to sync my ntl email with outlook on my phone or laptop and is saying ntlworld  settings out of date blah blah blah..

I am really at a loss 😖

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not quite.  Outlook on the laptop and phone both use the original Ntlworld email address and password.

However, if you cannot get it to work with the original password you will need to follow the instructions to generate an app password to use with Outlook on any device.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@zoetierney53  The third party email address is only used to sign into My Virgin Media and VM webmail.  When using Outlook or any other email client you should continue to use the ntllworld email address as the username together with the old password.  If you still cannot get access you may need to follow the process to create an 'app' password for use with email clients.  The instructions for this can be found here: VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

If you are using the Outlook app on your phone you will need to delete the ntlworld email address from the app and then re add it using the new app password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

thank you

so, i use my original email and original password for outlook on the laptop (that i have always had from day 1) and the gmail and gmail pass for the outlook ap on phone? that i created yesterday?

sorry i am useless at these sorts of things!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not quite.  Outlook on the laptop and phone both use the original Ntlworld email address and password.

However, if you cannot get it to work with the original password you will need to follow the instructions to generate an app password to use with Outlook on any device.

ok

yay. it worked

thank you so much