cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset ntlworld email password

johnd32
Joining in

My ntlworld email account was hacked in March & I changed myvirgin media password in March and the problems appeared to go away. Last month someone has used the account to order goods and last night the Virgin security team blocked the account. The instructions to reopen ask me to reset the myvirgin media password in Account settings which I’ve done. It then asks me to click the virgin email button in the account settings but I this link is not there. I do not use this account but when I did the password for the email was the same as myvirgin media login.  I thought I changed the email App password when I changed the myvirgin media password.  At the time I was hacked I could view the ntlworld email in my gmail app but it disappeared from the gmail app at the time of the hack. Do I need to change this ‘app password’?  If so how do I do it without a link in my account settings?  

3 REPLIES 3

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello johnd32.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Sorry to hear you have been hacked and are unable to reset the password online.

I can take a look at this for you from here.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

johnd32
Joining in

My ntlworld email was hacked last March and again in August last year. In August the hackers used the account to obtain products from virginmedia and O2.  The account was locked by virgin and the the passwords, including the app password, were changed. However I am still seeing monthly emails for an O2 account which is not linked to me but using my ntl email account.  The emails show an O2 account number.  I do not use the email account and I have deleted all my old messages and contacts. I do not use it for my billing/ contact with virginmedia. I have changed my app password again today in case anyone still has access.  Can my ntlworld email be closed or blocked so no one can use it as it is a permanent worry to me that it is being used for fraud.

Hi johnd32, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues with your email being hacked. 

We can certainly look in to this for you but if you are an active Virgin Media customer and the email is your primary email then we would not be able to delete this I'm afraid. Lets get some details from you and check things from this end. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs