cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook unable to send on one email

aerosteam
Tuning in

I use Windows 365 Outlook to manage my emails and have four email addresses, three of them are still working but one of the ntlworld addresses will not send an email, it just stays in the Outbox, it receives them OK. Using an iPhone or iPad this email address works OK. 

There are 57 synch issues with this address, I have used the inbuilt Repair function in Outlook and deleted the address and re-created it but nothing has changed.

I cannot make any sense of the solutions to the synch problem that appear on the web.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

JCmacc
Up to speed

I have the same issue with 2 ntlworld accounts, both failed last night.

I can send and receive e-mails in the VM web App and can get e-mails into Outlook but can not send out again. The error message states it's a block imposed by Virgin Media. It's based on IP address as I can use Outlook on my Phone to send messages if using data, not the home Hub.

VM Tech support sent me to Gadget Support who want £9.99 per month to fix the settings required to fix this, despite the change clearly being a change in VM processes.

Thank you for replying, my problem is not quite the same as the in my case the server is disconnecting, but only on one of my addresses, end result is the same of course. Didn't bother to ring tech support as it is usually a waste of time.

When my contract ends in October I'm off to try to hopefully find someone more competent.

Hi there @aerosteam 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you are facing this issue with your email address, can I ask if this address is connected to a current and active broadband account with us?

Yes it is a current and active account, it was my main account until I found that I could not send emails and had synch problems.

Hi @aerosteam,

Do you get this same issue when accessing and using the email address/account via the webmail platform on our website?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thank you for your interest. Yes this email address works OK using webmail.

aerosteam
Tuning in

I have not found an answer to this problem, however I have found a workaround. As I said I use MS Outlook to manage my four email addresses, one of the things that I was considering was to delete Outlook from my PC and then reload it. However I noticed that MS offered a new version of Outlook selectable on the app with the ability to go back to the earlier version if you did not like the new app. I selected the new version and it effectively reloaded Outlook this appears to have cleared my problems, after three days the address is still sending and there are no synch problems. I don't know why MS created a new version of the app, it appears very similar in operation but by creating a new version of the app it has cleared the problems I had, reloading the old app would probably have achieved the same thing. 

Thanks for coming back to us aerosteam and we're glad to hear that you have been able to resolve your issues with the new version of Outlook. 

Please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L