cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from groups.io

AlpenDX
Tuning in

Since sometime yesterday (19 Sept) I have stopped receiving all emails from all the groups on groups.io I subscribe to.

Some posts appear in Bounces on my account on groups.io  e.g.

mxin10.virginmedia.com: 421 mx1-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services mx1-prd-nl1-vmo.edge.unified.services MXIN107 Connections from your IP 66.175.222.108 have been disallowed by admin policy. ;id=ix4JqAZVrJymN;sid=ix4JqAZVrJymN;mta=mx1-prd-nl1-vmo;d=20230920;t=151639[CET];ipsrc=66.175.222.108;

Does this mean Virgin Media is blocking emails from groups.io in error and how do I get them to stop blocking them? The messages are not being blocked by other mail providers apparently.

Thanks!

32 REPLIES 32

g0fyd
Dialled in

All emails from IO GROUPS still bouncing. REF from IO GROUPS 

MXIN503 Hourly ratelimit for your IP exceeded

bushbury
Settling in

I subscribe to several groups.io email groups.  Some of the messages are sent to a gmail address and some to a Blueyonder address. Those to the gmail address are still arriving; those to the Blueyonder address have not for a week. I am sure this has previously happened with Virgin Media some years ago. Along with the problem of no email service a couple of months ago, the reluctance by Virgin Media staff to resolve the latest debacle is more than disappointing.  The concensus from the emails that reached my gmail account was that groups.io members should change from Virgin Media. 

No Virgin Media customer on this community site is able to offer a solution to this well documented  problem. It rquires Virgin Media themselves to fix the problem. We have been suffering with lack of posts from groups.io for about a week now.  Since raising a ticket with Virgin Media I have not been contacted. Please Virgin Media sort this out.

Thank you for confirming this is still ongoing. 

I have flag this with the email security team to see if IO emails are being incorrectly blocked as spam due to the amount of emails it's sending to our servers hourly. 

Once I have any updates I can advise or if the team require additional information for their investigation, I'll come back to the thread here to let you all know.

In the meantime, if anything does change at your sides, please do let us know and we'll pass this back to the team where needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Carley_S thanks for your intervention.

Today I have received  a flurry of emails from groups.io, 8 emails so far. Looks like the problem may have been fixed.

Fingers crossed.

paulholly
Tuning in

I too have had no emails from my group but what im dissapointed in is the response from virgin surely they must at least look at this community and notice whats going on? has anybody got any idea how to fix this problem?

g0fyd
Dialled in

All seems ok again touch wood, thanks for everyone's input

Hello everyone. It's me again 🙂

The team have advised they are attempting a temporary fix at their side today to see if this resolves the issue and will monitor this further. 

Please do let me know if this fix has worked for you or if you're still seeing the 'IP exceeded' error and I'll feed this back to the team. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

AlpenDX
Tuning in

I have had no bounces since 8.52am this morning (28 Sept) and no unsuccessful attempts at delivery since 10.51am this morning. All these had the message "Hourly ratelimit for your IP exceeded". So I am hopeful the problem is fixed.

However, the initial problem arose ten days ago (!) with groups.io messages being unsuccessful then bounced with this message "Connections from your IP 66.175.222.108 have been disallowed by admin policy". This presumably caused messages to be continually resent by groups.io?  Do you know what caused the original problem Carley?

Thanks Alpen DX for getting the ball rolling, I think this issue has happened once before and took time to sort out. All seems ok here now