cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No option for mail app password management

jbw10101
Joining in

I need to set up a password for Outlook to be able to use my VM mail account.  When I log in to my VM account I should find this option under Account Settings, but it isn't there.

Has anyone seen this problem?

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

FYI: look under Account Settings > Account Details, scroll down to Manage, as highlighted in following image, and then Generate new App password

2024-05-31.jpeg

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Select Mark as Helpful Answer or 🖒 Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for the response.  However, that option is not displayed when I navigate to Account Details.  

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst signed into My Virgin Media go to https://mail.virginmedia.com/appsuite/? Does webmail show your email account?

If I go to that link I get an error telling me that my VM mail account is unavailable.  

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The forum team are best placed to help further and issue has been flagged to them; be aware it can take them a few hours / days to respond.

Hi @jbw10101 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @用心棒 👍

Regards,
Daniel