cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTL World Email Problem - again

RCTK
Joining in

Eight years ago I moved to an area without Virgin and therefore my account was closed, or so I thought. I kept receiving emails to my two old ntlworld email addresses up to and beyond a year after closure. I contacted Virgin and was told it hadn't been closed but would be immediately and was sent a letter to that effect.

Some time later I went to close an account that I'd long forgotten about after purchasing something. The email was one of the old ntlworld ones but when I tried to get into the system I couldn't as the password had been changed, The old, supposed closed account, had been hacked and emails were being redirected. It was incredibly difficult pursuading the company that I was not the hacker but the original customer!

I did a search on my ntl emails only to find to my horror that there was an extensive list of ntlworld emails together with their passwords on the internet for all to see. It was around the time when there had been a huge data breach but try as I may I couldn't get any answers from Virgin or the Information Commissioner's Office.

I'd really like confirmation that the old emails are closed now. Too late to stop phishing emails going out in my name to the many, many contacts on my ntl account though. I'd really appreciate someone contacting me to sort this out and confirm once and for all that my ntlworld email accounts are properly deleted.

1 REPLY 1

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey RCTK, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear about this,

Normally once you leave us any emails will deactivate within 90 days sometimes the odd one doesn't, let me send you a PM and we can take a look.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?