cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My profile Mailboxes & aliases

bush-man
Joining in

HI, when you logged into my virgin media, there used to be a section MY PROFILE where you could see a list of all your mailboxes and aliases. Each account was permitted 4x blueyonder email mailboxes and each mailbox could also have up to 3 aliases.

I just cant access my mailbox and alias list. I cant remember which mailboxes are still active and which ones have aliases.

They still exist somewhere as i still can get mail to an alias; its forwarded as normal. Can any one help me find them?

Many thank for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bush-man   It isn't as straight forward as it use to be, however it is still possible.

The 'My Profile' link is now found by signing into the My Virgin Media account for the primary blueyonder email address.  Click on Account Settings then Account Details then scroll down to the to just below 'Telephone security details where you should see a link to 'Manage other My Virgin Media accounts'.  Click on this and you will see any secondary accounts that have been set up.  This link should also take you to that page: Account Settings | Virgin Media

Checking blueyonder aliases that exist is now easiest done through the webmail page.  When signed into the parent blueyonder email address click on the settings cog then Accounts and under the email account concerned it should show any alias addresses as well as the parent email address.

You can repeat this process for any of the secondary accounts that may have aliases set as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bush-man   It isn't as straight forward as it use to be, however it is still possible.

The 'My Profile' link is now found by signing into the My Virgin Media account for the primary blueyonder email address.  Click on Account Settings then Account Details then scroll down to the to just below 'Telephone security details where you should see a link to 'Manage other My Virgin Media accounts'.  Click on this and you will see any secondary accounts that have been set up.  This link should also take you to that page: Account Settings | Virgin Media

Checking blueyonder aliases that exist is now easiest done through the webmail page.  When signed into the parent blueyonder email address click on the settings cog then Accounts and under the email account concerned it should show any alias addresses as well as the parent email address.

You can repeat this process for any of the secondary accounts that may have aliases set as well.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Super duper - found it and i bookmarked the page. Maybe you can help with something else.

I created and account for my wife peaches*****@blueyonder, then created an alias anita.*****@blueyonder that became her main email. 2018 we migrated to a personal domain name, so i can create as many mailboxes as i like but we had all the archived stuff on.

Last year i spoke with VM and they said i could delete peaches**** and anita**** would remain. Today we need to search for some 10yr old evidence so logged into anita**** and hit a snag; all the folders are there, the mailbox size is 1.6gb full (out of 30gb) but there are only 7 emails in the inbox, all 2023 which i am guessing arrived after i got rid of the peaches email. Any thoughts on how i can get that back? Guessing they exist somewhere because the mailbox size is 1.6gb and you dont get that with 7plain emails.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bush-man The only thing I can think of is that you may have moved the emails to folders that are not currently showing in the webmail view.

If you click on the settings cog then email you should see at the top an option to change IMAP subscriptions.  Click on that option and check to see if there are any folders not currently ticked.  Select them and go back to the main webmail view to see if the missing emails are in the previously hidden folders.

I went to the setting you suggested, all folders were already ticked, i clicked REFRESH FOLDERS and save but that had no change. I might be to contact VM, but i want to email them so it can be passed to someone who knows what they are doing. Anything else you can suggest?  Do you know a support email address?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM do not have any support via email options.  A VM Forum Team member should respond to this thread in due course.

Hi @bush-man 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having when trying to locate the evidence you require 😔

Have you specifically tried checking your Archive folder? 

General advice on how to manage email accounts can be found here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Thank you for your excellent support @Graham_A 👍

Regards,
Daniel