cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying settings on olde old ntlworld email account

ZS24
Joining in

Hi. My ntlworld email account still appears to be active, a few years after leaving Virgin Media.

At that time, I had set up email forwarding to my new email, just in case any important emails continued to come to the ntlworld account for some time.

Unfortunately, I am receiving hundreds of SPAM emails every day to my new email address, which are all forwarded from the ntlworld email address.

I understand that the ntlworld  email account was supposed to be deleted 90 days after I left VM.

So, I really need some help with two things

1. Firstly, TO STOP OR CANCEL THE FORWARDING RULE immediately 

2. Once this has been done successfully, to then DELETE the ntlworld email account.

Can you help, please?

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ZS24 The VM Forum Team staff should be able to help you with this.  They will respond here in due course and are likely to send you a private message to gather relevant details.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ZS24 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm deeply sorry to hear you're receiving a large amount of spam due to an auto-forwarding rule setup on your legacy NTLWorld account.

As you are no longer a customer with us, we would only be able to permanently delete the inbox to prevent further emails being sent. I'm going to send you a private message, to assist further. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture, and then "Messages".

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ