cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate from ntlworld email to a Gmail account

ACFretter
On our wavelength

Hello,

I have found on Friday I was unable to log into my web mail with my "ntlworld.com" email address even with the right password. I discovered virgin media had updated my email log on to a gmail account I have.

I am now trying to migrate away from my "ntlworld.com" webmail to a Gmail account.

I have been using Gmail import function but am not apparently able to get the credentials for my "ntlworld.com" account . Can you help with how I can export my "ntlworld.com" webmail to a Gmail account.

ACFretter_0-1701860984574.png

9 REPLIES 9

ACFretter
On our wavelength

ACFretter_0-1701861117349.png

Hi @ACFretter 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear you're having some difficulty with migrating this. 
Can you just confirm what is it you're trying to as you mention that your looking to migrate the email and then you also say you're looking to migrate the webmail? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

ACFretter
On our wavelength

Hello,

Apologies for the confusion. I am using Webmail with my .ntlworld.com email account and have been doing for may years before Virginmedia acquired NTL many years ago.

I am wanting to migrate my .ntlworld.com webmail to Google Gmail

Regards

Adrian

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Depends what you mean by migrate. 

You can set a forward in your ntlworld email account to send received mails to your Gmail account.  You can't replace or rename an ntlworld account with a Gmail account 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ACFretter
On our wavelength

Thank you Alessandro,

What I would like to do is move my current email folders and email to the Gmail platform.  

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Your current Virginmedia email address will always point to Virginmedia's email server. The email address belongs to VM. You can't change that address to point to Gmail instead. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

ACFretter
On our wavelength

Hi Alessandro, I do get and appreciate that I can't move my ntlworld email address away from Virgin Media but I should be able to move the content ie webmail from it to another web mail client.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

There isn't a built in function to copy the mail folders across, but I have seen a third party app mentioned on here that is supposed to do the job. I expect a Google will find it. 

- jpeg1

ACFretter
On our wavelength

Okidoki thank you Alessandro.