cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lack of Broadband - keeps breaking down

shallotman
Dialled in

Lately my Virgin Broadband [ Basildon Essex] is consistently breaking down. Been a client since Virgin came to Basildon many moons ago.  Wonder it is is time to move on.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Shallotman 👋  thanks for getting back to us. 

Apologies if any of the questions asked were outside of your understanding! We would just like to help as best as we can, and the best way to start is by gathering a bit more information. 

Sorry to hear your broadband has been down a few times in recent weeks. There are a number of reasons this could happen

1) An outage due to issues or works in the local area. You can always check for these via 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061 - if there is one listed there is also usually an estimated fix time/date.

2) An issue in the local area which has not yet been registered as an outage, but is still affecting your service.  

3) Due to a fault with your equipment. These can also sometimes be detected via 👉 https://virg.in/service  or we can run some troubleshooting steps to identify and isolate the issue. 

3) Due to a fault with your internal or external wiring. (This would require an engineers appointment to resolve.)

Having had a quick look for you, it doesn't seem there is any known outage in your area that is affecting the service, but it does look like there are some issues at the exchange, and there are a large number of disconnections registering on your hub. On this basis, it may be best if we arrange an engineers appointment to take a closer look. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and get this sorted for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shallotman

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the service. 

Could you expand on this please?

Are you having drop outs in the service?

If so, how often is this happening please?

Does this happen with hard wired connections as well as WiFi?

Please pop back to me us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Being a 90 year old Computer moron, your questions are beyond me. All I know is over the last few weeks, my broadband has been down on numerous times. [Two days is the record so far ] sometimes more than once a day.

Broadband went down twice yesterday [Wednesday] When working get an email saying engineers are working on the problem, This has been going on for weeks now. Good news is they have no problem drawing on my Direct Debit each month.

Hi Shallotman 👋  thanks for getting back to us. 

Apologies if any of the questions asked were outside of your understanding! We would just like to help as best as we can, and the best way to start is by gathering a bit more information. 

Sorry to hear your broadband has been down a few times in recent weeks. There are a number of reasons this could happen

1) An outage due to issues or works in the local area. You can always check for these via 👉 https://virg.in/service or by calling 📞 0800 561 0061 - if there is one listed there is also usually an estimated fix time/date.

2) An issue in the local area which has not yet been registered as an outage, but is still affecting your service.  

3) Due to a fault with your equipment. These can also sometimes be detected via 👉 https://virg.in/service  or we can run some troubleshooting steps to identify and isolate the issue. 

3) Due to a fault with your internal or external wiring. (This would require an engineers appointment to resolve.)

Having had a quick look for you, it doesn't seem there is any known outage in your area that is affecting the service, but it does look like there are some issues at the exchange, and there are a large number of disconnections registering on your hub. On this basis, it may be best if we arrange an engineers appointment to take a closer look. I will send you a PM to confirm a few account details and get this sorted for you. You can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Wouldseemfrom the Virgin email. The problem is on your side. And not on my equipment.  Thank You for your assistance, [ 90 yr old computer moron. ]

We can certainly investigate this further for you @shallotman 
The forum team member has sent you a private message invitation so they can support you on this. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Reply to their questions on the private message to pass account security and they'll be able to arrange that engineer for you if still needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Just ran a service check, informed Virgin have problems with both Broadband and TV. This is now a regular occurance. 

Carley. If it helps the latest email from virgin regarding problem not only with broadband but also TV. Fault Ref  F011218215. Engineer on site.              ;

Thank you @shallotman if you do want to discuss this further with the team please do respond to the private message our agent has popped across.