cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP not authenticating

mbrant
Joining in

I have a blueyonder email address.

I can connect using POP and Microsoft Outlook. on my main PC successfully using a new password as of today.

I can connect on all my other devices (mobile phones and portable) by first connecting to Virgins main web page by using my gmail email address and then logging on to email via the main web page.

I cannot connect via IMAP using Outlook on either of my android mobile phones. I used to connect on my previous mobile phones with no problem. All I get is that I cannot connect due to an authentication problem. Yes I am filling in all the fields correctly, including my new password (which does work for my Pop connection on my main computer).

My wife has the same IMAP problem and a POP problem. Her email address is a blueyonder address created as a subsidiary of my connection. She used to have a POP connection which worked. It stopped working during 2023 when virgin started mucking about with the blueyonder email addresses.

1 REPLY 1

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi mbrant

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your email account. Firstly, we'd recommend signing into your emails via our webmail so we can rule out any issues with using a third party email client. You can alter your IMAP and POP preferences for your emails from there - we have our recommended settings shown here.  If you're able to connect to IMAP servers via webmail, we'd recommend checking that your settings are consistent for webmail and for Outlook. 

If you are receiving any specific error messages, please let us know or let us know what issue this is causing you specifically. 

Thank you

Beth