cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close an ntlworld email account?

slicendice73
Tuning in

Hi

My g/f used to be a VM customer when they used to be ntlworld and so had an ntlworld email address. This address has remained active for years even though I believe they usually get shut down after you're no longer a customer. It's now no longer possible to login to this email account using the normal VM email login page (just gives the message "We didn’t recognise the email or password you entered. Please try again"). It is possible to log in to it via mail2web.com though...not quite sure how that works?!

Anyway, she'd like the account to be shut down but isn't sure how to do it. Can someone advise on how to do this?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@slicendice73  The email account is in a 'limbo' state which suggests that it has been partially deleted.  The VM Forum Team should be able to assist with getting it fully deleted when they reach this thread.

They will need to contact the account holder in order to do so.  Can your g/f create a community account and post on this thread so that the team can contact her?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @silcendice73

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

A big thank you to @Graham_A for their advise already here and for pointing out that we would need to speak with the account holder in order to close this email. 

Is the account holder able to post to this thread so we can take a look for them?

Thank you. 

Please can someone assist to close down my ntlworld account asap to stop hacked activity. 
I left Virginmedua in 2019

Many thanks in advance.

A

Hi there @ExNtlworld0620

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear that your email has not yet been fully closed, I'd be happy to look into this with you via a PM. 

I'll pop one across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you again. 

Hello,

I've been trying to close my ntlworld.com account and come across this post, please could you DM me too to arrange please?

Hi @JS12345JS 

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to close your ntlworld email. 

Just to confirm, the email is not connected as the primary username/access for a active broadband account at all? 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hello

No it is not, used to be a long time ago however I no longer used the email account and apparently is sending out spam email to the contacts now.

please close down.

thanks 

Hi JS12345JS 👋 thank you for getting back to us to confirm!

We will need to send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can raise a ticket with IT and get this closed down for you. I will send you a PM now - you can find it in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩

We can return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime! Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 just returning to keep the public thread up to date! Thanks to JS12345JS for PMing with me 📩
We were able to confirm the account details needed, and a request was raised to get the email address deleted. We have now also had confirmation that this is complete and has been resolved. Thank you for your patience whilst we got things sorted! Please do let us know if there is anything outstanding you still need support with. 
Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly