cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close a secondary email account, the account holder closed the account several years ago

VPHHL2021
Joining in

Hi, I need to close my virgin media email account it has been hacked; the account holder does not have access and was told all email accounts would be closed within 90 days of leaving but the secondary account is still open! I have had my data hacked 4 days in a row and need it closed asap! Thank you 

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VPHHL2021 The account holder will need to contact VM either via the telephone number 0345 454 1111 or by creating a community forum account and posting here.  Due to security requirements VM can only deal with the account holder directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, the account was closed around 5 years ago, would it be still be ok to contact them after so long? So frustrating a stranger can change your password and I can’t access now. Had the email for about 15 years! 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@VPHHL2021  The VM Forum Team staff should respond to this thread either later today or tomorrow.

What evidence do you have to support the hacking suggestion?  It might simply be a case of VM finally closing the account down.  They are currently working through a lot of orphaned accounts that should have been closed years ago and deleting them. This can give the impression that a rogue party has changed the password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi VPHHL2021,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly help with getting that email address closed. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin