cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forbidden 403 Error for 1 1/2 days Now

peterfenton
On our wavelength

EMail has been working fine then last night around 6pm  Forbidden error 403 , not the first time.

I've reset password which of course it wasn't so it is the Virgin Media Server which it has been in the past , possibly a way to get us to move our email accounts.

I can access emails from my Iphone and I can also view the emails from MS Outlook so it can't be the account 

5 REPLIES 5

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @peterfenton, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Is it one specific device on which you're unable to access your e-mail account? 

Also, at what stage are you getting the error message? Is it after inputting your e-mail address and password, and clicking on "Sign in"?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

peterfenton
On our wavelength

When I log in using the short cut icon I have ,  when I log in from Virgin Media .com after logging out of site also.

I have tried my home lap top , work lap top  neither work and get the error ,  my iphone works and I have the email set up in outlook and that works !!!!!

PF

Thank you for letting us know. Can you log into the mailbox using a third-party mail server such as Outlook? Also, can you try logging in here and let me know what happens https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

StuHogg77
Tuning in

did yu get anywhere with this?  i'm in exactly the same boat, had it happen before, changed passwords, etc etc.  usually just click the shortcut and it logs me in, now i'm going round in circles ending up back at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account - which tells me absolutely nothing new.

im sure the customer support 'flow' is designed to send us in loops, its ridiculous. 

Hi @StuHogg77 thanks for posting.

I can see that you have posted in another thread and this is with my colleague.  I will leave you in his very capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R