cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compose not working

Nostromo99
Joining in

When I try to compose a new message, I get a spinning wheel for a while and then the following error message appears: "The mail draft could not be found on the server. It was sent or deleted in the meantime."

Any idea what's going on? And any thoughts on how to fix the problem?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Is this your VM email address? Is it via the VM email portal or a third party email app? Have you checked your draft /sent/spam/deleted folders? Lastly are you able to log out of your VM email account and log back in successfully? 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Nostromo99
Joining in

It's my VM address via the VM email portal. The drafts don't exist - I'm trying to write an email from scratch using the 'Compse' button, but it just takes me to that error message. And yes, I've logged out and in a bunch of times.

Hi @Nostromo99 

Welcome to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues when trying to compose messages or use drafts. We want to do our best to help from here. Just to confirm, do you have a drafts folder? Also, do you get the same issue when using a third-party web mail such as outlook? 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes, I do have a drafts folder. I haven’t tried using web mail on my desktop, but I can compose and send on my phone.

Thanks for the update on this. Can we ask, do you have any screenshots on this happening?

Thanks.

I'm not sure how screen shots will help. When I press the compose button, a Compose box opens up like usual with the two-arrow circle spinning at the centre. That keeps going for a while before, eventually, the message described above ("The mail draft could not be found on the server. It was sent or deleted in the meantime.") appears in the centre of the box, along with a big red  "Close" button. When that happens, a "Mail:no subject" box header for a box appears at bottom left. Clicking on it starts the above process again, with the same end result.

Nostromo99
Joining in

Oh, and I forgot to say, the same thing happens if I try to reply to a message.

Thanks for replying Nostromo99.

Would you also be able to try this on alternative web browser, if you haven't already?

If that fails please let us know and we can take a look at this in a bit more depth.

Gareth_L

Well, miraculously, the problem appears to have resolved itself. I can finally compose messages again!