cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Email Password on ntlworld

Simonward3097
Joining in

Hi, how do I change my ntlworld.com password - it’s still active but I have a new account number as we moved addresses so the account linked to my old email address is no longer valid

thanks! 

26 REPLIES 26

Hi nathan

I have tried to log on there and it says my security info is incorrect even though i know it isnt.

I am only secondary email address. We have tried to log onto the main account and it wont let us update it on there.

Have got important emails on there so hoping i can reset it

Thanks

Thanks for your reply 😊

Sorry that you've still not been able to access this. I'll be happy to take a look at this further for you.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Bledlow
On our wavelength

This answer would be very helpful if only I hadn't forgotten the answer to the question asked at  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password   Never needed it, & now I'm trying to recover the password so I can save all the emails I still want before they disappear.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bledlow wrote:

This answer would be very helpful if only I hadn't forgotten the answer to the question asked at  https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password   Never needed it, & now I'm trying to recover the password so I can save all the emails I still want before they disappear.

My post that you are replying to is almost 2 years old and there have been a lot of fundamental changes to the VM email service since then. For example, VM stopped issuing new VM email accounts in May 2022 and since then they have made several changes to the security processes of their email service.

Unfortunately, these days the chances are that even if you could remember the answer to the security question it is unlikely the "Forgot your password" process would work for you.

I have had a look through your forum posting history to see if you have given the back story to your post to enable forum members to offer more relevant advice. However, it seems that yesterday's post was the first time you have posted about recovering an email account.

The answers to these questions would help the forum to give you more relevant and up to date advice:

1. Are you still a VM broadband customer?
  2. If so was this VM email account set up as part of your current broadband account?

The thing is that if you are still a VM broadband customer or you closed your VM broadband account in the last 90 days, then the Forum Team (VM staff members) should be able to help you recover the email account.

However, if you are no longer a VM broadband customer then there is not much VM can do for you.

If you post back with a bit more of the back story to this email account and you'll get the necessary relevant advice. (Don't post the actual email address here though.)

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Bledlow

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're having some trouble accessing the My Virgin Media online account and, by extension, an email account. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments - please respond to this when you can and we'll be able to proceed from there in assisting you.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi coenoby.

Tried the reset password link in message above for similar reason. Keep getting following message.

Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media.

I have never had virgin mail account always used the ntlworld one I was given. Password no longer works.

Is there an alternate link for ntl accounts?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Trucal wrote:

"Is there an alternate link for ntl accounts?"

No there isn't.

Virgin Media email supports the domain names from all VM's predecessors. So:

• Blueyonder.co.uk,
  • Ntlworld.com
  • Virgin.net.

Email accounts with any of those names use exactly the same "VM" email service as Virginmedia.com email accounts.

However, to use the VM email service the email account needs to be linked to a live VM broadband account. The Terms and Conditions of VM broadband say that 90 days after a broadband account is closed VM will close all the email accounts linked to that broadband account.

In the past they often seemed to overlook that but in recent months they do seem to be having a purge and closing these old accounts. Unfortunately they never seem to give any warning before closing an account that is no longer attached to a broadband account.

If you don't have a VM broadband account then that could be what has happened to yours.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks