cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password on old NTLWORD email account

HW4
Joining in

After moving away from Virgin to another provider, my NTLWORLD email account remained active, however I do not have the ability to change the password. As it is an old simple password, the account has been compromised and I have no way to either make it more secure or close it down. I spent 2 hours on the Virgin WhatsApp chat to be told that the account cannot be recovered as Virgin doesn't have access to the NTL server anymore and there is nothing that can be done. I have noticed on older chats that I am not the only one in this situation. Please can someone help me.   

2 REPLIES 2

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you are no longer a VM broadband customer, VM is supposed to delete your email account(s) 90 days after your disconnection. VM regularly fails to do this in a reliable way.

In recent times, however, VM has been very proactive in clearing out such legacy accounts.

Best help you are likely to get on here is for a VM forum team person to arrange for the account to be deleted. You should normally get a reply here within a few days.

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi HW4

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear your email account has been compromised. 

We can't re set a password for an email account if it's no longer linked to an active broadband account with us.

We can however request the mailbox be deleted.

I'll send you a private message now.

Please look out for the envelope in the top right of the page and pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide